12 June 2009

Sanatan is Eternal

A couple of days ago, i finished reading the graphic novel "The Watchmen" by Alan Moore... Today i finished watching the movie... The plot reminded me of another very well known story by Isaac Asimov, "I, Robot"... Asimov's VIKI, the super-intelligent and super-powerful robot had to be terminated in its initiative of bringing peace to human society... But Alan's super-intelligent Adrian Veidt "The Ozymandias" and super-powerful Jon "Dr. Manhattan" were allowed the same liberties of taking human lives for lasting peace... Ethics, is a word that then started to have a new meaning for me... Ethics is then a matter of the circumstance, situation, maybe perspective or just a matter of time...

It maybe just a matter of time that the communication revolution brings me to a point where the only information i need is the one i dont have... the information about my identity, knowledge about the importance of my identity to the human society, the harmony of my identity with the existence of humanity... I turn to the wisdom of the ages, the guiding lights of my life, Hinduism, the "Sanatan Dharma" Eternal Religion... Its the oldest religion of the human world and claims its superiority from its logical foundations...

Sanatam Dharma tells me my identity is defined by the nation and culture i live in... It tells me the only thing beyond my control is time and all things that are consequent to it and hence it is the omnipresence of God... And finally it tells me to maintain my character and control my senses so that one day i might just turn time in my favour... all to achieve the end... So i prepare myself for anything, absolutely everything that might come my way... Life is sorted out and there's a grand plan in my head... I strike at every opportune moment i can find... And one day, luck will be my say...

It is like the wish to fly... I am standing on a glass floor in an aircraft... I already feel like a bird... But i need to fly... I jump on the glass to break it... I keep jumping... I know it will break... I am prepared for the leap... The parachute bag is my plan on my shoulder... The glass beneath my feet breaks... I am literally falling from the sky... But i laugh as I am flying...

The average intelligence of the human society decreases as population increases... On top of it we are doing away with all natural resources we were gifted... What is the end we seek??? Where is the plan??? Are we really preparing ourselves??? Or is it that we are still struggling to find our identity simply because we cant find time from fulfilling our dear infinite unsatiable wants??? The answers are there in front of us, in my daily life, in our Sanatan Dharma... No, I am not afraid that tenets of Hinduism will die... 1 billion is too huge a number... But things get diluted and dulled... From our solution books, i fear losing some important pages... With time people would rediscover logic and the Sanatan Dharma... Or maybe humanity might not get the chance to know its too late... They were not so smart at all... The calamity struck when the humans were "still evolving"..... Still, the Buddha is Smiling...

'OM'

No comments:

Post a Comment